BrowardBeat is reporting that Barbra “Ask For Babs” Stern is finally getting a Florida Senate confirmation hearing next week. Rick Scott appointed Stern to the Florida Elections Commission back in February 2012, but she was never confirmed by the Senate. BrowardBeat posted, “The Senate Ethics and Elections Committee has scheduled two hours of confirmation hearings next week and Stern is on the agenda. Barbra Stern’s nomination has been controversial in Broward because of her mother Judy Stern.It is not immediately known whether being lobbyist Judy Stern’s daughter had any role in getting Barbra Stern the nomination hearing. Judy Stern is close to Democratic state Sen. Maria Sachs, who is a legal resident of a condominium that the lobbyist owns.”
Wow, two hours with Babs and Judy Stern? Usually only friends like Michael George DeGruccio get that kind of face time with Team Stern.
With apologies to David Letterman, here are the Top Ten Questions for Barbra Stern’s Senate Confirmation Hearing:
10. Do you admit wearing acid-washed jeans in high school was a big mistake?
9. Will you and Maria Sachs be roomies at your Fort Lauderdale condo?
8. Did your BFF Michael George DeGruccio tell you about his ban from the Florida Federation of Young Republicans?
7. If you lived during the Jetsons era, would you give tax breaks to Cogswell Cogs or Spacely Sprockets?
6. Do you regret endorsing Chip LaMaraca for chairman when you were a BREC member in 2007?
5. Can Republicans rent a condo from you and your mom?
4. What would you do for a Klondike bar?
3. Which is better? Real Housewives of New Jersey or Real Housewives of Atlanta.
2. Are you still getting “playful texts” from Judge’s cell phones?
1. If you don’t get confirmed will you return to the salami delivery business?